Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve & the Flu!

Yes, I did mention the "f" word above. Unbelievable, right? That is totally what I was thinking Christmas Eve morning as I was sick in the bathroom. I actually prayed to God and said, "You know how much I've prepared for this day.....why would You let this happen?" And then immediately apologized and thanked Him that I wasn't sicker. But still! The Lord had really helped me though because I hadn't prepared half of the food that I was suppose to bring so none of it went to waste. I'm so thankful to Jesus that the medicine the doctor called in worked because the next step was to go to the emergency room for iv's which would have been so much more horrible. And Mike was home from work so he was able to be with Taylor and let me rest. I guess if there was any time that I could have the flu this was the best time. Oh my, I actually said that. As far as emotions go though, my family kept sending me photos of what they were doing throughout the day and I was crying every other hour knowing all that I was missing. But they were just trying to be sweet and include us in everything even though we couldn't be there. It doesn't feel though like we have experienced Christmas and I'm not sure when that will change. What a different day it turned out to be.

No comments: