Saturday, June 6, 2009

Garrett's Graduation Open House

Today we celebrated Garrett's Graduation with an open house up at my parents' house. I did all the invitations, thank yous and scrapbooking along with the decorating design and the only thing my mom asked me to make was potato salad so this day hasn't been too hectic because most of my work was done before! Heather and I went up there pretty early and Mike and Taylor came later so that I could focus on helping my mom as much as possible. The guests started arriving right on time. My mom and dad know how to make good food so I think everyone really enjoys coming over. My aunts were there in full force just like they have been for each one of our graduations. They are so awesome at making sure all the food stays stocked and ready. The only bummer about the whole day is that it rained consistently from morning til night and that can really put a damper on things especially when there's not enough room in the garage and you're trying to keep the traffic from the house....but what can you do? Nothing! :) So we all just did the best that we could. Oh and the other sad thing is that I barely got any pictures of Garrett....wow.....another lesson learned to take pictures constantly even if you think you are taking too many. It still was a great day even though I cannot believe that we are already to this point in our life! I never thought the day would come when Garrett would be graduating and on his way to college. He's such a good guy and I pray that God will lead and direct him in every step that he now takes as it determines his entire future. Love you Garrett!
Click to play this Smilebox postcard: conGRADulations!
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

No comments: