Friday, July 15, 2011

Today's the DAY!

Today, Baby Zachary John arrived! He is 11 pounds 2 ounces! 11 pounds 2 ounces! And 22 1/2 inches long. He has a bruised little face just like his brother Cole but they say that it should go away in a couple days. He is so cute!
We were scheduled this morning for a medical induction and when I called at 6am they told me to come in at 7am! I wasn't quite prepared for that but we were able to get there by 7:30. Mike had to drop me off so he could take the boys to Auntie Amy's for the day which allowed me to get hooked up to the monitors before he got back. I asked for them to break my water and see what happened before hooking me to pitocin just to see if I could go into labor on my own. If I could do it without pitocin, then I wouldn't have to have an IV in my hand which is what I really wanted. It also meant that I couldn't have any IV pain medications which Mike was not really looking forward to but what I wanted to do. :)
After my water was broken, I laid in the bed for a while and around 11am got up to walk around with my mom. My sisters, Erica and my mom and dad-in-law were all there waiting for Baby Zach to arrive and they stayed in the room while we walked around. The contractions started to come on strong around 11:30 and I went back to the room to lay down again. Around 12pm, I went into hard labor and he arrived at 1:13pm. It was a very quick and I did think that it would end up that way.....which was why I didn't want or think I needed pitocin.
He is perfect and beautiful!
I'm so thankful that he is here and that we made it through without any complications!
God is so good to us! Our family is now complete!

No comments: