Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No movement...

...scares me. To death. Zach is a very active baby. Even at this stage in the game, he is active and moves very often and quite a bit. So much so that Sunday night my mom could see very clearly what limbs were moving while we sat and talked.
So yesterday, when he hadn't moved in over 12 hours and I couldn't get him to move, I got just a little nervous. The clinic told me to come and have a non-stress test done so we could make sure he was ok so that was today at 3:50. It was with Dr. Hessl and I found out that I am at 4cm! 4! She did some stuff to try and help any labor contractions along and proceeded to tell me that even though I have another doctor's appointment on Friday, she doesn't think I will make it to then. The stress test went perfect! He moved just like he needed to and I actually had some contractions so the doctor loved that even more! She said that they will sometimes give a patient some pitocin to see how the baby responds to contractions and this was great that they could see his movement with contractions. I had contractions all the way home and contractions for a couple hours after I got home tonight which made me call the labor and delivery line to see what I should do about them but they said to wait it out and start moving around to see if anything changes. I should only come in when I can't walk or talk through a contraction. And those kind of contractions should be for over a half an hour. Sure enough when I got up to start making dinner and get some stuff done, boom, they stopped. On a dime. So we have been having a relaxing evening at home. Waiting. And we will probably continue to wait. He's going to get here only when he wants to! :)

No comments: