Saturday, October 3, 2009

Men's Retreat

So Mike left for the men's retreat yesterday after working a half day. Dad and he went up there in the truck - you should have seen that thing packed to the gills. Who knew that two men would need so much for such a short time period!!! They finally got rolling about 2 hours after they had planned to leave and by the time they got up it was raining which isn't the best weather to go camping in when it's your first time.
Speaking of that, I had such a good time getting Mike ready to do this because my whole life, we've always gone camping and my dad trained us so well (to the point of being able to camp in the Boundary Waters for a week! Never will forget that!!!) that to be married to someone who has NEVER been camping is kind of foreign to me. But it was so much to go and get the stuff that he needed and start to build our own family stockpile of camping gear. So now we have a camping tote that holds all our stuff - like we have alot at this point! :)
So getting back to the Men's Retreat, they got packed, got up there, set up their tents, endured the rainy night, woke up the next morning and promptly packed up and came home. They didn't even have breakfast there! Taylor and I had barely gotten up when he walked through the door!!! Wow! I felt so bad that his first camping trip had begun and ended like this. I'm already praying that next year is night and day different!
I would have to say that this Men's Retreat failed to meet the high expectations that Mike had. Oh well. At least I got an extra day off with my Baby!

No comments: