Friday, October 16, 2009

Baby Brother!

We had our ultra sound today! Mike and I were so excited to find out what we were having and we couldn't wait for this day to come!!! Mike was so sweet and planned a date for us after the ultra sound which was just the most special treat! Our technician was knowledgable and friendly! She showed us so much more than the ultra sound we had with Taylor and it was amazing.....we are so blessed and God is incredible in His design. To be able to see that makes me realize every day how much He cares for us and desires to know us. I always think of that verse in Psalms where it states "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb." When I knew that I was going to be going in with Taylor for induction, the beginning of that chapter has a verse that stayed with me all night and through that day, "Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways." It was such a comfort to me that God understood every point and my fear and my anxiety and my excitment - He knows all of me! I'm so humbled to understand that in my small human frame and from my very narrow view point but He is so wonderful to me.
God showed us very clearly that this little one is a boy! He is so much more active than Taylor was and that makes me very excited to see what he's going to be like and how different they will be but how good of buddies they will be. We have decided to name him Cole Allen - the dr immediately said that he will probably be a banker with that name. :) But he's healthy and whole and doing very good. I still haven't gained any weight but I believe the Lord is just making it easier for me to lose the weight that I've needed to lose for a long time after Cole is born. So needless to say, I'm thankful! We are so blessed and so excited to share this wonderful news!

No comments: