Saturday, October 10, 2009

Family Party 2009!

I can't believe that I didn't take any pictures of our annual family party but Jess did and I'm going to have to get them from her!
Anyways, we always have a party around this time of year to just have the family over. Most of the time I go way out of the necessary with the food and try to do the whole "Bobby Flay" grilling thing, but being pregnant this year, I decided to do the "norm". The family doesn't have to bring anything because Mike and I love treating everyone to a day of no preparation.
I decided to have a burger bar, potato salad and baked beans. The burgers turned out really great! Why am I just talking about the food? Okay, then.....
Most of the time, the weather is great so we can hang out outside which tends to work really good since our house is so teeny but this year, it was soooooo cold! And I'm not over-exaggerating!!! Heather refused to stay outside and my dad showed up in full hunting gear! We did end up keeping all the kids inside because there really wasn't a way to have them outside and keep them warm. It was amazingly breathtakingly cold!!!
We finally ate and then I brought out the dessert bar which was a lot of fun....talking about food again. You would think that my addiction to food would cause me to gaine some weight with this baby but God has been gracious to me and has kept me from gaining any so far. We'll see what the doctor says this next appointment.....
The night was really uneventful and relaxing. We played the new Scrabble game, the card game and the commercial for it had made it look very exciting but it definitely was not. It was still fun but probably not something that we will play on a regular basis.....
All in all, it was a great time! Relaxing, the kids got along, the guys enjoyed all the football, and everyone left happy and full. I love my family!

No comments: