Monday, January 2, 2012

Worst Christmas Gift Ever!!!

This is old news but even still I feel that I should post about it :) maybe I'm just looking for more sympathy since it all seems to have died here at home and on Facebook :)
On Christmas day, near the end of the day, I was bringing Christmas goodies upstairs and I had already arranged them on beautiful glass Christmas plates. As I was walking across the kitchen, going around the corner into my boys' bedroom, I stepped on a Thomas the Train take-n-play and there I went. An hour later I'm in the emergency room getting X-rays and 10 stitches, learning that I've broken the tip of my bone, shredded my middle finger with multiple lacerations with the possibility of losing all sensory nerves. Unbelievable.
But God knew that it was the best time for something like this to happen - Mike had this whole week off and was able to be caregiver, husband, father, laundry woman, dishwasher and all around handy man. He was absolutely amazing!!! I am slowly on the road to recovery.......it is very hard for me to be immobile......very hard...........

No comments: