Monday, May 14, 2012

Preparation

I am a "list writer". I tend to make sure that I am prepared beyond prepared for most occasions in my life. I like to know what's going to happen by schedule and I enjoy having a planner. I'm a planner. So therefore I plan! This is really deep, huh? :) I guess the thing that has hit me recently is that the only thing I don't really prepare for or plan out is how God is going to be the center of each day. I seem to think that it's just going to happen. And maybe sometimes it does. But on the days that fall apart and everything seems to be going wrong and I feel like I am not accomplishing anything, I tend to turn around and blame the Lord for not helping me that day. When in all seriousness I'm the one who left Him behind. My pastor's wife illustrated it so beautifully during a Bible study one night. God is always sitting in the "study" of our heart. He's waiting to have that morning coffee with us and plan out our day. But most mornings we walk by the study focused on what's in the kitchen or laundry room or who's in the bedroom or bathroom and we say to ourselves that the time in the study isn't the most important thing that day. And He waits. Patiently. For us to realize that it is. How long will it be before we are in the "study" with Him? Meeting with Him and asking His guidance on what we should do for the day? For me, it's random. And I'm disappointed. Disappointed that I left Him waiting. Oh how kind He is! Oh how undeserving I am of His grace!
I wish I had been more understanding of what a great partner He is! He is the ultimate day-planner!!! Can you imagine sitting down with Him and planning out the day? What advice you would get on time- management! :) I'm hoping that more days than not I walk directly to that study and meet with my Personal Advisor. I want to plan my days with Him.

No comments: