Thursday, August 11, 2011

Days...

There are so many of them. Most of them are wonderful, beautiful, lovely moments where I can find the strength and grace to be inspired by everything around me and truly know that I am blessed beyond what I deserve.
Then there are days like today where I have to be reminded that I am blessed and God has to show me specifically that He is there. One would think that it wouldn't have to be this way when if I stopped to consider that I have three healthy beautiful children and an incredible husband without even starting to list all the things that I have, I wouldn't and shouldn't need to be reminded.
These are the days where I cannot rise above my emotions, where I cannot positively assess where I am, where, most importantly, my time with God has gone to the back burner to sit and wait until I'm ready to stir it up.
Even now, as I try to get that special intimate time with God, my four week old is screaming in his little seat and I can hear my two and three year old fighting over bouncy balls in the entry way......where will I get the time to gather that strength for today?
Two minutes - that's all I need! The passage that I was suppose to read today was Psalms 51-55 and the two minutes that I received to read just Psalm 51 was exactly what I needed!
Verse 1
"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness"
Verse 2
"Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin"
Verse 8
"Make me to hear joy and gladness;"
Verse 10
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me"
Verse 11
"and take not thy holy spirit from me"
Verse 12
"Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit"
Verse 17
"a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise"
I am now refreshed and renewed, seeking for the good in today, with a better spirit given from Jesus! How exciting and humbling that I can commune with Him and He with me!

No comments: